This class has changed my life. And my families lives. So much of what we learn in this class hits home to me. I love sharing the new information with my family. I am so proud to know that I can make such a difference in so many peoples lives. This class has taught me to be thankful for EVERYTHING that I have; not everyone has the amazing opportunities that people at our school have. Since taking Soc, I have taken a step back and thanking people a lot more. I have also focused on service, even moreso than ever. I have always been doing service, but I feel like it has a lot more meaning now.
I think there are two things that really stick with me, and that I think about often; two things that dont really exist: Social Class and Race. These things stick with me because I am trying to think of them for what they really are. Even though social class does not exist in America, it does. After learning what I have about social class, I have started really thinking about donating my money to help people. Over the holiday season, I donated more than I normally would. One time, I was with a friend and I donated $15 at the store. She asked me why? And the answer? Because I can. Because I can affod to help the people that deserve a joyous holiday season. I never would have done that before sociology. After learning about the social class in America, I have focused on making my dent into it, and helping those that need it.
After we talked about race, I became really admite that it really does not exist. We are all humans on this earth. We are all the same. Our DNA isn't different because your skin is darker or lighter than mine. So I really have stopped judging people based on skin tone when I meet them. This is something that I am really proud of! We are all the same people!!!!
I believe I am a completely different person in a good way. I am proud of the changes that I have made in my personal life since taking sociology. I have realized that I live a great life, and I should not complain about anything. There are so many people with less than me. I have also started appreciating my family more. My parents worked so hard to get where they are and I am so proud of them. I would not be the person I am without them and their amazing influences. Even when I get upset with them, I try to handle my reactions differently so that they still know I am thankful for them. And my view on the world: we are all the same. If everyone worked together, we could solve so many problems. I think that every person needs to be thankful for everything that they have.
This was an amazing class.
I leared a LOT.
Thanks Sal :)
Sociology has taught us a lot and I'm glad that we can apply the lessons we learned to the world.
ReplyDeleteThank YOU so much. You were a great part of class and your post means so much to me. Thanks! Keep me posted
ReplyDelete